Last week, Amazing Grace Food Pantry celebrated its 2017 volunteers with dinner donated & prepared by its Board of Directors. Nothing Bundt Cakes Murphy donated dessert in the new building’s warehouse area. It won’t be long before shelving fills this space, now was a good time to celebrate the 70+ volunteers who served in 2017.
In 2017 813 families received 592,000 pounds of food – all with the time, effort and care these amazing volunteers gave each week to help distribute food to families in need. Each volunteer received an Appreciation Certificate signed by CEO Mike Ellis and Congressman Pete Sessions with Gift Certificates from various local restaurants. Mike gave his testimony on how the pantry began and Education Director Clark Sutton spoke on continuing to love and serve others as he lead us in a Building Dedication prayer.
Special Thanks to:
St Anthony’s Church for loaning tables and chairs for this event
Jennifer Green from North Texas Food Bank for speaking about the difference each volunteer makes in the community
and to Kelly and Wylie Prep for set up, clean up and making sure each guest was catered to.
These are an awesome group of young people whom we hope to see again soon!
New Building Update: We’re slated to be open to serve clients middle of March with Grand Opening scheduled April 6. These rainy days make us more anxious for the move so clients will have indoor waiting area.
Action Items: If you or your group wishes to adopt all or part of the much-needed landscaping around the new building, please contact us either by calling (972) 292-7241 or by visiting our Contact page. The front area is in dyer need of earthwork and sod to repair all the damage and to make the new facility shine. We’re also looking to dress up the front columns with stone facades… if you can help, please contact us. Even if this is outside your wheelhouse, consider donating to make these projects more affordable.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is the best! Thank God! I have 4 kids and trying to make it work, but sometimes I need help. So glad you all are here!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.