Amazing Grace Food Pantry During the Coronavirus Emergency
Amazing Grace Food Pantry volunteers are committed to continuing to provide assistance to our food insecure community members during this national crisis. We are preparing to escalate food assistance as more in our community are affected by the recent shutdowns. The AGFP team is meeting frequently to address new developments in health precautions and food distribution. We are limiting the number of people in the pantry and sanitizing surfaces hourly.
With assurances from both the North Texas Food Bank and from local partner retailers, the pantry will continue to receive and distribute weekly groceries. To ensure the safety of clients and volunteers at higher risk of serious complications from this illness, we are urging both volunteers and clients to practice safe hygiene measures.
1. Volunteers and clients that have any virus symptoms or are just not feeling well, are urged to stay home.
2. Clients may have an advocate pick up their food for them to decrease exposure
3. AGFP has increased the frequency of sanitizing common area surfaces and frequent hand washing/sanitizing
4. Although we don’t have capability of drive thru service, we are serving clients on the covered patio instead of inside the building. Clients will continue to receive lots of food.
5. We will increase the amount of food distributed so that clients won’t have to venture out to the pantry as often
6. Volunteers age 12 and up may continue to volunteer if they are in good health and practice the frequent hygiene routines
We will continue to adjust other policies as needed to keep everyone safe as we continue the much needed work of helping our low income neighbors.
During this time, your help is needed more than ever. Many of our volunteers are seniors and have cancelled future volunteer days until this crisis ends. If you’re willing and able to volunteer, please contact us. Leave Voicemail on our automated service: 972-292-7241
Volunteer days and hours:
Monday 8am-noon are volunteers only. No clients
Tuesday 8:30am-2pm. Volunteers in warehouse and client service 10a-2p in front.
Thursday 8:30am-noon are volunteers only. No clients
Thursday 5:30pm-8pm Client service
Friday 8:30am-noon are volunteers only. No clients
Saturday 7:30am-noon Client service
Please consider visiting www.amazinggracepantryorg/donate to arrange a recurring donation or one-time gift to help with the Growing Need.
Thank you for your support and prayers!