Casey had a stroke 2 years ago, leaving him disabled and without a car. He doesn’t want to impose on anyone to call for help. He, instead, uses a walker to go to Amazing Grace Food Pantry 8 miles away for food. Often passersby will give him a lift and another client or pantry volunteer will take him home.
Recently, Deputy Acosta gave Casey a lift to pantry and waited till he finished shopping then took him home. We can’t praise our Collin County Sheriff’s office enough for caring for each member of our community.
This story was so heartwarming, we had to share it far and wide. If you have a pantry story to share, please let us know by visiting our Testimonials page. We may feature your story on our website, on social media and share it with the media. Let the community know how much Amazing Grace Food Pantry has helped your family, as a client or as volunteers, working to #FightHunger Together!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don’t even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there’s help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.