Bringing in the New Year with big hearts and lots of energy, our FOOD 4 KIDS team from Wylie United Methodist Church currently provides over 80 weekend food bags for local food insecure elementary school kids. They meet every Thursday morning at Amazing Grace Food Pantry to sort, bag and pray for these kiddos.
Do you want to help these kids? Individual size cereal cups and pop top SpaghettiOs would help fill the gap.
What else does it take to continue serving hundreds of families with nutritious food every week? Even as a small non-profit, Amazing Grace Food Pantry has business expenses… power and water, building and property maintenance, trash and technology. All of these costs are factored into what it takes for us to procure and distribute tons of food each week to our growing number of client families. We do all of this with donations from generous community members and by not paying any salaries for the hundreds of volunteers that give their time throughout the year… including the Board of Directors.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
Meet Brenda. She has a family of 5 and started coming when she lost her job last year.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry has been a huge help to feed my family. I feel welcomed here. Everyone is so loving and kind.”
Take the time to read some of the testimonials from clients and volunteers on our website. Volunteer or donate this year. It will bless you!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.