Amazing Grace Food Pantry is deemed an “essential business” and you are allowed to get food from us during the “Shelter in Place” order. We will be providing pre-packed food during our normal hours: Tuesday 10a-2p, Thursday 6p-9p, Saturday 8a-noon. No services will be offered inside the facility.
During these uncertain times, we are taking extra precautions to keep our client families and our volunteers safe by social distancing, volunteer age restrictions and routine sanitizing. We miss our young volunteers that used to enjoy serving – I pray that things get back to normal soon so we can see these teens serving the community again.
Retail donations have severely decreased and the need to distribute is growing. We’ve seen a 25% increase of families in need the past few weeks. These new families are living through the tough times that many of our client families have experienced for years. Please take a moment to lift area food pantries, volunteers, our neighbors, family and friends in prayer.
Want to help #FightHunger Together? Call ahead to learn what shortage the pantry has or send your financial support to help fund the grocery budget. Your $10 donation will feed a family of 4 for an entire month!
In Dec of 2019, I moved to Lavon to be near family, after living for 40+ years in Houston. I knew it would be a big change, but I believed that God was prompting me to make the change at that time. I just didn’t know how big the change would be for me – and everyone else. And then, the pandemic! 5 months of being mostly by myself, with once a week (safe) visits with family, really gave me time for prayer and reflection on God, and “settling in”. And reading and listening to the news. Listening (or trying to) to God, and listening to the news – and, to be honest, going a bit stir crazy after 5 months convinced me that I needed to do SOMETHING to help others. And maybe even meet other like-minded people who felt the same way. People who were living out their faith by serving others. One of the churches I had been virtually attending was Chase Oaks – a church that believes in actively partnering with organizations in the community to “be here for good”. Amazing Grace is one of the organizations they partner with – and was relatively close to me. I had contributed food and money to food pantries before, but never worked in one, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. What I found was a well run pantry, with a core group of hard-working people who believe in serving others. Not only do they feed their bodies, but they believe in feeding their souls – with dignity and hope. And I found a purpose, and a group of people who became like family!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.