Friday, April 6, 2018 Amazing Grace Food Pantry held their Grand Opening Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting for the long-anticipated Building Hope project. After 2 years, the labor of love from hundreds of volunteers and dozens of donations, the work is complete and the building is now our new home. The new building features indoor seating for clients, ADA compliance, larger shopping area and more storage for both dry and refrigerated goods. The pantry anticipates the trend of a 30% increase in food distribution to continue, growing to over 700,000 lbs of nutritious food for 2018. Thank you to Chase Oaks Church, North Texas Food Bank, Home Depot and the many contractors who donated materials and/or labor to make this facility a reality.
What’s in store for the near future?
The new facility includes space and technology allowing for a variety of classes to help clients with their situation in addition to providing food in their time of need. Classes may include GED, financial wellness, preventing foreclosure, Overcomes (12-step), gardening, tax filing preparation assistance and more.
What does the pantry need today?
While the new building includes welcomed features for volunteers and clients alike, there is still more to do to make this community resource a safe and efficient destination for those seeking help and those wanting to help. The parking lot is in disrepair, gravel driveways would be easier to utilize if paved and construction efforts have left our front yard in need of reconditioning. Also, our poor street signage has not done well in the sun and a monument type sign is required should we endeavor to reconstruct it.
These projects and so much more still need YOUR help. If you, your workplace or someone you know has the expertise and a heart for giving, we graciously accept your assistance. If you would like to donate to help in these efforts, please do using our Donate page. Professional, monetary and volunteer support is always welcome!
This is to inform you that I appreciate every help I get from Amazing Grace Food Pantry. With all the expenses that there are, every bit helps. We are treated with much kindness and never has there been a time when we were turned down.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.