Volunteers served groceries to 125 families. A few new families today. One of which just suffered a house fire and needed short term assistance until they can get back on their feet. Overall, 505 people have food on the table this week – thanks to the volunteers and supporters at Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
The pantry is just a tool for YOU to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Thank you for loving your neighbor with your support!
Karen discussed with me about one year ago the need to get involved in a community service activity. We have been retired a few years and needed to do some volunteering. Karen looked for a pantry to volunteer in and selected Amazing Grace because of the people, the process, and how it helps those in our local area, where she and I live. After a few months I decided to join her one day and am really glad I did. Neither of us had a lot growing up, and there were times that my family when I was a child had no food and we relied on assistance. We discovered what a tremendous group of people have accomplished through this organization toward providing meals to those in need whether it be long term or short term. The process is very solid and we are proud to be a part of such an organization.
Jesus teaches us that we are to serve and we are to feed people, both physically and spiritually. We have made many new friends by volunteering at Amazing Grace and have discovered that regardless of where we are in our own walk, our mission is clear. That is provide a means for people to obtain food where a means may not otherwise exist. The leadership of Amazing Grace exemplifies what Jesus taught and we are proud to be a part of an organization that is so focused on defeating hunger in our county.
Click here to read more testimonials from clients and volunteers.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
New Building Update: Looking for new or used HVAC. Still in need of electrician and plumber to help on the building project. Please call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail for call-back or use our contact page. Of course, donations are still needed to finish the interior. Progress is being made, but only with your help. Visit Building Hope for more information.
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.