Another week of blessings at Amazing Grace Food Pantry thanks to the many volunteers who served 128 families. That’s 535 people who will have food on the table for another week.
There were lots of fresh fruits and veggies this week to give out such as grapefruit, pears and carrots. Healthy choices in nutrition promotes better physical and mental health. Families struggling to make ends meet may have fewer medical or dental bills. The kids are more alert in school and having food on the table relieves stress for the whole family.
Love your neighbor, make a difference in their life this year… adopt a family. Just $10 a week provides nutritious meals for an entire family for a week. Visit our Donate page for more details and added options for recurring donations!
The pantry is just a tool for YOU to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Thank you for loving your neighbor with your support!
My adult son Judah and I started to volunteer at Amazing Grace food pantry about 7 months ago. We were looking for something to get us out of the house, having been a stay at home mom for many years.
We wanted to try it for 1 day a week to start with, just to “see” how it was there. Once we started there we discovered the awesome staff and other volunteers that made us feel so very welcome. It wasn’t too long before we decided to give more than 1 day.
We really enjoy the family atmosphere and the fact that everyone working there comes from all different walks of life. It’s very refreshing to me and it’s bringing a much richer dimension to our lives that we are so thankful for to this day. Besides this there comes the joy of helping people feed their families. Unless you work there you have no idea how much food passes through the doors each week nor how many people are helped.
We also love to see all the different ages come to volunteer, from family’s with young children to senior citizen’s. Everyone can have place to fill at Amazing Grace! My only regret is that we did not find Amazing Grace sooner!
Click here to read more testimonials from clients and volunteers.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
New Building Update: (Still) Looking for new or used HVAC and we're still in need of electrician and plumber to help on the building project. Please call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail for call-back or use our contact page. Of course, donations are still needed to finish the interior. Progress is being made, but only with your help. Visit Building Hope for more information.
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.