Another great week of serving the community’s food insecure families at Amazing Grace Food Pantry. 135 families totaling 557 people received over 8000 lbs of nutritious food this week.
Today, we only had 1 homeless lady. We make up a special care package for our homeless that don’t have a way to cook a meal. Canned meat, fruit and granola bars along with hygiene products are part of the special distribution.
Call To Action: Some of the shelves are getting bare, we’re low on canned soup, beans and corn. Have any disposable diapers to donate? Size 4 and 5 are always needed. If you’d like to donate please drop off any Tuesday, Friday or Saturday morning. If you’d like to help but are unsure how, please call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message with your contact info.
The pantry is just a tool for YOU to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Thank you for loving your neighbor with your support!
I first learned about Amazing Grace Food Pantry through our church web site and have been volunteering at AGFP since early 2018. I started volunteering as a way to give back to our local communities. Friends have helped me in various ways over the years and it feels good to finally be able to give back in a tangible way.
Within a few months of volunteering, I quickly realized that this is much more than just providing food and nutrition to people in need. AGFP is an organization of multiple families. The clients on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays connect, bond, support, and learn from each other. The same is true for the volunteers helping each day. We connect as a team, work together for an incredible cause, and learn from amazing people – clients and volunteers alike. We are all there to support each other through life’s many challenges and successes.
It is great to be a part of the team!
Click here to read more testimonials from clients and volunteers.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
New Building Update: (Still) Looking for new or used HVAC and we're still in need of electrician and plumber to help on the building project. Please call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail for call-back or use our contact page. Of course, donations are still needed to finish the interior. Progress is being made, but only with your help. Visit Building Hope for more information.
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.