Great week at Amazing Grace Food Pantry! 103 families were served groceries this week. Thanks to all who generously give their time to give the families a warm welcome and full boxes of food. It’s good to know that these 417 people will have nutritious meals this week. Their situations are often temporary due to illness, job loss or other unforeseen circumstance. Because of your generosity to fill the need of your neighbors, these families can have peace of mind for another week.
Thanks to those who can donate spare change each month. Even a $10 recurring monthly donation can help!
Nutritious food is so important – it impacts health and education.
To learn more about Hunger in America, visit: http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/impact-of-hunger
New Building Update: Currently we’re waiting for electrical layout and County approval of the plans before power can be installed. Hope to have this done in the next 2-3 weeks, then power by end of March. Plans to start framing the inside are underway. We’re still looking for donation of Concrete sidewalk work, so spread the word to those you know who would like an opportunity to give back in this way. Also looking for donations of sheetrock, HVAC and a septic system.
More materials needs are listed at Building Hope – any partial donation for these items will help get the doors open sooner. Warm weather is coming soon – we’d love to have clients in the new facility before it gets hot.
The pantry is just a tool for YOU to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Thank you for loving your neighbor with your support!
Laura has a family of 5.
I come to the pantry because without this help, I wouldn’t be able to afford rent payment. Amazing Grace Food Pantry provides the help we need to make ends meet.
Click here to read more testimonials from clients and volunteers.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241