It was great to have a few new volunteers this week!
Contact us to find out how YOU can help Fight Hunger Together.
Last week, Amazing Grace Food Pantry served 131 Families. A total of 562 people have food on the table thanks to all whom support this little pantry.
On Tuesday, a neighbor stopped in with a canned food drive her 2 young kids did in their neighborhood. The kids, 8 and 6 years old, pulled their wagon door to door last week collecting from each house. They were thrilled to donate to those in need. Amazing job, kids… we and our clients thank you!
Wednesday and Saturday: Two different donations arrived of size 4 and 5 diapers and some adult diapers. These types of items are always in short supply.
If you’d like to help fill the needs, here’s a few things to supply as you find them on sale:
Soups, ketchup, canned beans, canned veggies, dish soap, laundry soap, tooth paste, paper towels and toilet paper
New Building Update: The new building is a HOT BOX until the power is hooked up and the air conditioners are installed. ANY contribution toward this endeavor is appreciated. Thank you to all the dedicated volunteers who are generously donating their time, skill and labor to bring this project to life… and to all those donating to help make this possible.
My adult son Judah and I started to volunteer at Amazing Grace food pantry about 7 months ago. We were looking for something to get us out of the house, having been a stay at home mom for many years.
We wanted to try it for 1 day a week to start with, just to “see” how it was there. Once we started there we discovered the awesome staff and other volunteers that made us feel so very welcome. It wasn’t too long before we decided to give more than 1 day.
We really enjoy the family atmosphere and the fact that everyone working there comes from all different walks of life. It’s very refreshing to me and it’s bringing a much richer dimension to our lives that we are so thankful for to this day. Besides this there comes the joy of helping people feed their families. Unless you work there you have no idea how much food passes through the doors each week nor how many people are helped.
We also love to see all the different ages come to volunteer, from family’s with young children to senior citizen’s. Everyone can have place to fill at Amazing Grace! My only regret is that we did not find Amazing Grace sooner!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.