Amazing Grace Food Pantry closed 2017 books showing 32% more people served than in 2016 and a lot more food distributed. Between North Texas Food Bank and your donations, over 592,000 pounds of nutritional food was distributed to families in need in Collin County and surrounding areas. Over 13,000 boxes of food were carried to families cars this year.
Thank you to the many individuals and organizations that had a part, either with volunteering, dropping off food or regular financial support – YOU made the difference in 3,271 people’s lives this year!
New Building Update: What a year 2017 has been! December 2016 we were thrilled to have the slab poured for the new building. This December, and throughout 2017, volunteer teams rocked it! Interior walls are painted, FRP 90% done, walk-in cooler is nearly assembled and plumbing is near complete… we finally have a working restroom!
Thank you volunteers for your dedication and hard work putting this building together. It won’t be long before we’re able to serve clients from this spacious and safer facility. Stay tuned for more updates and announcements.
Want to help? GREAT! Your continued financial support makes this pantry possible. Visit our donate page to arrange a recurring monthly donation or to give a one-time gift.
January is National Soup Month
Hunger doesn’t stop at Christmas. January is a rough month for those struggling to make ends meet with the higher heating bills. Drop off canned soup any Tuesday, Friday or Saturday 9am-11am to warm hearts and Fight Hunger Together!
In Dec of 2019, I moved to Lavon to be near family, after living for 40+ years in Houston. I knew it would be a big change, but I believed that God was prompting me to make the change at that time. I just didn’t know how big the change would be for me – and everyone else. And then, the pandemic! 5 months of being mostly by myself, with once a week (safe) visits with family, really gave me time for prayer and reflection on God, and “settling in”. And reading and listening to the news. Listening (or trying to) to God, and listening to the news – and, to be honest, going a bit stir crazy after 5 months convinced me that I needed to do SOMETHING to help others. And maybe even meet other like-minded people who felt the same way. People who were living out their faith by serving others. One of the churches I had been virtually attending was Chase Oaks – a church that believes in actively partnering with organizations in the community to “be here for good”. Amazing Grace is one of the organizations they partner with – and was relatively close to me. I had contributed food and money to food pantries before, but never worked in one, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. What I found was a well run pantry, with a core group of hard-working people who believe in serving others. Not only do they feed their bodies, but they believe in feeding their souls – with dignity and hope. And I found a purpose, and a group of people who became like family!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.