Beautiful day at the pantry today, temps in mid 70’s. 3 volunteers were a no-show, but those who pitched in worked double duty serving 267 people with nutritional food for the week.
We’re getting ready to provide Thanksgiving boxes and turkeys this month. Your monetary contributions and canned food are greatly needed and appreciated during these Holiday months when more families need food assistance.
Today had one generous donation of canned tomatoes and coffee – Thank you for covering the need for next week!
Canned food items needed:
Vegetables, tomato products, canned fruit. Or donate online. We’re able obtain food at a fraction of retail cost.
Month end numbers for October:
2401 people received food from Amazing Grace this month. That’s up over 700 from October 2015 and over 500 from last month Sept 2016. The need is growing.
Join the Fight Against Hunger, help pay it forward. Consider arranging a recurring donation or a one-time gift on the Donation Page. No amount is too small, there is always a need. Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization and depends on both physical and monetary contributions from the community and people just like you.
Groundbreaking Ceremony Reminder
Ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! The more aware the community is, the more support we receive. Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.