Busy week at the pantry even with the temps in the 30’s Saturday. Volunteers served groceries to 152 families – that’s 628 people who don’t have to worry about going to bed hungry this week.
Volunteers are always welcomed – especially on Friday 8:30am-11:30am. Call 972-292-7241 to schedule for November and December.
THANK YOU AGFP SUPPORTERS!
We were out of canned veggies after Tuesdays distribution but the community responded quickly to supply the shortage. The growing number of families qualifying for assistance has steadily increased the past few months. One volunteer’s family cashed in their extra books to Half Price Books and used the funds to buy 10 sacks of canned goods and others dropped off enough needed items to make it through Saturday’s distribution. It’s awesome to see everyone pitching in to serve the community!
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is preparing to serve 300+ families with Thanksgiving turkeys or hams with all the fixin’s.
Want to be a part of this Thanks-GIVE-ing event? Just drop off these needed items: stuffing or turkeys on Tues, Fri or Saturday mornings before Nov 18th.
New Building Update: Power is on! Walk-in cooler/freezer kit was delivered Friday. Looking for volunteers with refrigeration experience to help assemble and install mid-November after drywall and paint. We’re still searching for lobby chairs for the clients when we get to new building. Let us know if you come across 20 black chairs in good condition. No cloth seating.
Thank you all for fighting hunger together!
Did You Know? Amazing Grace Food Pantry also provides food to low income family’s fur-babies (a.k.a. pets). Operation Kindness generous contributions allow families in need pet food every week. Community partnerships like this and volunteers like YOU makes all the difference to families struggling… especially with Holidays just around the corner. We and our clients thank you!
Meet Priscilla and her daughters. They volunteer when they can. This week the girls are out of school and wanted to come share some love at Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
We heard good things about Amazing Grace Food Pantry from friends and neighbors that have volunteered. We live close by and want to help the community by serving at this pantry.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.