Last week, Amazing Grace Food Pantry distributed an overflowing grocery cart of food to 168 families. Turkeys or Hams were given along with all the side dishes along with their weekly groceries. 705 people, from newborns to seniors, will have a full table this week and for Thanksgiving. Pet food is also supplied weekly so that pets won’t be eating table scraps, which is very dangerous to pet health.
Turkey Note: Refrain from giving any part of that beautiful bird to your cat or dog. While it may seem like just a little piece of turkey skin couldn’t hurt your pet, it can actually cause a life-threatening inflammation of the pancreas called pancreatitis.
One of many stories we’d like to share with you as part of our #SeasonOfSmiles posts:
A call came in this week from one family, 2 elderly sisters who are disabled. Due to health reasons, they haven’t been able to leave the house in 3 weeks to get food. The pantry team was quick to respond, load up the car and deliver. Although it is not our policy to deliver, there are a few homebound people that our pantry staff have adopted to insure that they have the food they need and tailor food baskets according to their home appliances and physical ability. The hearts of the volunteers is so huge, often overwhelming!
Thanksgiving is one week that everyone takes time to remember what they are thankful for. Amazing Grace Food Pantry is no exception. We are so thankful for YOU and the generous hearts in the community who reach out to volunteer and donate food or dollars to support this ministry. We’re thankful to supply enough food to each family to hold them over for a week and that they can come every week. We’re thankful for the privilege to become friends and prayer warriors with families in need. We are thankful for your prayers. We see how God answers prayers every day – it’s simply amazing to see Him working at Amazing Grace Food Pantry!
Also thankful to businesses that support Amazing Grace Food Pantry: Home Depot, Lowes, Kroger, AT&T and AmazonSmile to name a few. With every $10 donated, a family has groceries for a week!
Brooklyn held her 9th birthday party at Amazing Grace to help the community.
Thank you for allowing Brooklyn and her friends come to Amazing Grace on Saturday. It was so impactful and I think the girls left with a feeling of not only gratitude for what they have but also with a feeling of empowerment, knowing that they can help contribute and make a difference. I appreciate you taking the time to let them know about the work you do and why our community is in need of a food pantry. Thank you for all you do for our community and for opening your doors to us. May God continue to bless you and those you serve.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.