Amazing Grace Food Pantry distributed a full grocery cart of nutritional food to 121 families this week, beside turkey leftovers, 516 people have meals on the table this week. Compared to last November, we had the privilege to serve 58 more families. The need is growing. Faithful partners fighting hunger together make it happen – giving hope to so many going through a hardship.
Thanks to YOU, the faithful supporters of Amazing Grace Food Pantry, 282 Thanksgiving Turkeys, stuffing, potatoes and veggies were distributed this month along with normal grocery supplies, providing a nice Thanksgiving meal on the table for 1174 people.
Special Thanks To: area Girl Scout Troop 3269, for your donation of paper products!
December is another big month to serve our community families in need. We look forward to providing as much nutritional food and hygiene supplies needed to make each family’s Christmas a bit less stressful. If you’re looking ways to help: donate on line or drop off any Tuesday, Friday or Saturday morning. Call ahead to know what items are needed, supply needs change weekly. Call now for volunteer opportunities for January and February!
Building Update: Things are moving along as expected. Drywall is almost done. Electrical is almost done. Plumbing is awaiting septic system installation. We’re still looking for professional assistance with several areas. Also, if your landscape company is interested in helping give the new building curb appeal, please call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use our Contact page.
I was introduced to Amazing Grace Food Pantry through a Love Your City Day our church put together. I was so impressed with the efficiency and care that was given to the donations and to those who came to receive a blessing from Amazing Grace.
I quickly knew this is where God was directing me to volunteer. I wanted it to be more than just an event, I wanted it to be a tangible way to make a difference. Being retired I want to give back not only to my church but also my community. We have lived in this community for over 50 years.
I brought both my Grandchildren to volunteer with me and as we left for the day they both asked to come back and do this again. Teach a child the ways they should go. It becomes a special time with their NaeNae.
I know this will be a family affair for us and many teachable moments for God to grow our compassion for others. Thank you Amazing Grace Food Pantry for being God’s hands and feet and allowing us to participate.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.