Fun week at pantry with these faithful volunteers stocking and helping to distribute food. It was cold but they kept their smiles and good attitude. Lots of produce, seafood and meat was distributed along with all the other staples needed for the week. Each family received over 80 pounds of food.
The pantry is open to families in need on Tuesday and Saturday, but did you know that volunteers are also needed on Monday, Thursday and Friday? Call 972-292-7241 or visit www.amazinggracepantry.org/volunteer to schedule a time to take a tour or to volunteer. Five new volunteers signed up Friday – Everyone can make a difference to those in need.
Thank you Wylie Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts troops for dropping off nearly 400 pounds from their annual Scouting for Food to Amazing Grace Food Pantry. See you next weekend!
New Building Update: We’re in the final stages before the last inspection. We hope to be open for clients early March – the client families are excited to have this space available to them soon! No more waiting outside in the cold or rain, plus a larger shopping area. We still need NSF shelving in specific sizes. If you can help or know of a source, please give us a call this week.
See a list of items needed available at Smile.Amazon.com
Lori started coming to Amazing Grace Food Pantry for assistance end of 2016. She moved to Texas last year after her 4 yr old daughter’s death. She is care taker for 2 elderly in-laws.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is one of the only pantries in the area that provides such a wide variety of food and provides hygiene products that I just can’t afford. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Thank you for your service in helping our time of need. I struggle with depression over the loss of my baby girl. I look forward to the new building and any counseling classes you may offer.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.