Great weather for spring break this week! Lots of students spent their week volunteering at Amazing Grace Food Pantry, serving families and helping in the move to new facility. We’re all looking forward to serving clients in larger space next week.
Goodbye Old Building – You’ve served the community well the past 12 years!
Jason and Michael for helping pick up over 5500 lbs of food donations
The Crawford Family for helping to distribute food to nearly 130 families
Lifepointe Fellowship McKinney Youth Group for helping with the move
Wylie East for helping with the move
Thanks right, folks. We’ve moved! Well, next door into the new building. It has been a LONG road, but we’re finally going to put this new space to the test with clients, deliveries, scores of volunteers and the typical goings-on of the typical pantry week. There is still much to do before this project is finished, but the interior is finished, shelves are assembled and we’re more than ready to show what all your support has brought to life.
Grand Opening ceremony is set for April 6th at 11:00am. We’re looking forward to seeing anyone who wants to share in this celebration, along with Wylie’s Mayor Eric Hogue, Teresa Jackson from Sharing Life in Mesquite, Trisha Cunningham from the North Texas Food Bank, Pastor Craig Rush from Chase Oaks Church and Congressman Pete Sessions.
I’ve been a client at Amazing Grace Food Pantry for a long time. I’m a VET and not able to make ends meet without this pantry’s assistance. I’m so grateful to have a place like this to go to for help.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.