Very wet February at Amazing Grace Food Pantry, but volunteers still served 24% more families compared to February 2017. Overall, 290 families visited weekly to receive a total of 46,000 lbs of food. Volunteers carried out 1090 boxes! Go Team!!
New Building Update: Prior to being granted a Certificate of Occupancy, the parking lot entrances need to be widened and a fire lane must be designated with paint striping. Landscaping, while not required by code, also needs to be done to repair the damage done by construction.
Call to Action: If you or someone you know does culvert, asphalt or concrete work, please contact us ASAP by calling 972-292-7241 to leave a voicemail message. You can also help us reach the funding goal for this required aspect of the project by visiting our Donate page. Clients and volunteers are anxious to move into the new building, but until the parking lot work is done, we can’t open the doors. See pictures of the current parking lot in our Facebook album Parking Lot – February 2018.
Special thanks to Wylie’s Church Eleven32 for their hard work assembling the warehouse shelving. They are on fire for Jesus and want to serve the community… they fit in perfectly!
Since Amazing Grace Food Pantry started it’s ministry in 2007, we’ve opened each client day with prayer. The clients that arrive early love to join in. Prayer requests are mentioned, answered prayers are spoken with praise and often shared testimonies like this one.
Fani had a huge praise that she gave to the waiting room after opening prayer. Fani was the client who received a new microwave from volunteer Preston from Church 11:32. She was so excited to tell everyone how God has been working in her life because she has been giving Him the praise for the little things provided to her. That woman was on fire for the Lord! She got a nice round of applause after her 3 minute testimony.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.