Amazing Grace Food Pantry has met the grocery need of nearly 400 families since we opened the doors of the new facility end of March. During this short time, over 110,000 pounds of food was distributed and over 2600 box of groceries were carried to the family’s cars. The families love the new building with the covered patio with lots of produce and bread to choose from. They also comment on the large shopping area which provides a better selection to shop from and reach in cooler with milk, yogurt, butter and juice that gives more of a grocery store atmosphere. The Grand Opening in the newspapers has let more families know we’re there to help them in their time of need.
New Client Distribution Hours – Effective May 31, 2018
Tuesdays 10am – 2pm
Thursdays 6pm -8pm
Saturdays 8a – noon
We encourage the community to get involved this summer. Call to schedule a family volunteer day while the kids are out of school or adopt a shelf to keep stocked. You can also visit our Volunteer page to sign up and have our coordinator contact you at your convenience.
No time to volunteer? No problem – help by donating on line or donate a gift card from Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart to help us get plants, trees and grass for the front yard of the pantry.
Lori started coming to Amazing Grace Food Pantry for assistance end of 2016. She moved to Texas last year after her 4 yr old daughter’s death. She is care taker for 2 elderly in-laws.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is one of the only pantries in the area that provides such a wide variety of food and provides hygiene products that I just can’t afford. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Thank you for your service in helping our time of need. I struggle with depression over the loss of my baby girl. I look forward to the new building and any counseling classes you may offer.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.