Last week at Amazing Grace Food Pantry volunteers received over 12,000 pounds of grocery donations and served 154 families. Each family received a minimum of 80 pounds of groceries. With an average of 30% increase of families in need, AGFP is expanding their hours from 6 hours per week to 10 hours per week to better serve families in need.
New Client Distribution Hours – Effective May 31, 2018
Tuesdays 10am – 2pm
Thursdays 6pm -8pm
Saturdays 8a – noon
Volunteer opportunities are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Call (972) 292-7241 to schedule one day a week or one day per month… please leave a message so we can call you back! It’s a great way to give back and help neighbors in need.
Other opportunities to help:
Toilet paper, laundry and dish soap donations
weekly mowing and weed eating
sod and trees needed in front of new building
parking lot resurfacing
parking lot striping
replace sign panels on south side
remove old building (if you can move it, it’s yours)
I first learned about Amazing Grace Food Pantry through our church web site and have been volunteering at AGFP since early 2018. I started volunteering as a way to give back to our local communities. Friends have helped me in various ways over the years and it feels good to finally be able to give back in a tangible way.
Within a few months of volunteering, I quickly realized that this is much more than just providing food and nutrition to people in need. AGFP is an organization of multiple families. The clients on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays connect, bond, support, and learn from each other. The same is true for the volunteers helping each day. We connect as a team, work together for an incredible cause, and learn from amazing people – clients and volunteers alike. We are all there to support each other through life’s many challenges and successes.
It is great to be a part of the team!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.