What an amazing week at Amazing Grace Food Pantry!
Last week, 188 families received over 15,000 pounds of nutritious groceries for their homes. Volunteers of all ages love being a part of Fighting Hunger Together.
Interested in helping others? Visit the Volunteer page for more information or call (972) 292-7241. We’d love to give you a tour. Or maybe you have Community Service hours. If you’re willing to work, we have it in spades… receiving, sorting and stocking several deliveries every week, plus assisting clients on distribution days. Our volunteers work very hard to make this ministry the best experience for them and the clients.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too. Visit our Donate page to setup a recurring monthly donation… no amount is too small!
Email Updates: If you previous subscribed to receive pantry updates via email, please sign up again. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In Dec of 2019, I moved to Lavon to be near family, after living for 40+ years in Houston. I knew it would be a big change, but I believed that God was prompting me to make the change at that time. I just didn’t know how big the change would be for me – and everyone else. And then, the pandemic! 5 months of being mostly by myself, with once a week (safe) visits with family, really gave me time for prayer and reflection on God, and “settling in”. And reading and listening to the news. Listening (or trying to) to God, and listening to the news – and, to be honest, going a bit stir crazy after 5 months convinced me that I needed to do SOMETHING to help others. And maybe even meet other like-minded people who felt the same way. People who were living out their faith by serving others. One of the churches I had been virtually attending was Chase Oaks – a church that believes in actively partnering with organizations in the community to “be here for good”. Amazing Grace is one of the organizations they partner with – and was relatively close to me. I had contributed food and money to food pantries before, but never worked in one, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. What I found was a well run pantry, with a core group of hard-working people who believe in serving others. Not only do they feed their bodies, but they believe in feeding their souls – with dignity and hope. And I found a purpose, and a group of people who became like family!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.