Amazing Grace Food Pantry continues to increase the amount of nutritious food to more and more families in Collin County. In June, over 62,000 pounds of food was distributed. With healthy fresh produce choices like watermelon, potatoes, carrots and broccoli to name a few. This Tuesday was no different. Volunteers served 73 families, including 3 from Garland. While we serve Collin County, no one is turned away. We provide information about resources closer to home and assist them with their needs for the week… just in case.
The first of the month is a special time for us. We get to provide clients with cleaning and hygiene products, along with other monthly non-food items. These products are always in short supply, but are a welcomed addition as they make affording bills, mortgages and other expenses easier for our clients. In addition to providing monthly support for the pantry, donating cleaning and hygiene products is another great way to help.
Did You Know?
Volunteers at Amazing Grace carry boxes of donated food to clients’ cars. This added service is especially appreciated during hot summer days as well as during inclement weather. Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization… that’s right, no one receives a salary. We are all volunteers, dedicated to helping those in need. This is only possible with YOUR help. Visit our Donate page to arrange a recurring monthly donation. No amount is too small. Use our Contact page to schedule a tour to visit and find out how awesome this little pantry is!
Meet Priscilla and her daughters. They volunteer when they can. This week the girls are out of school and wanted to come share some love at Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
We heard good things about Amazing Grace Food Pantry from friends and neighbors that have volunteered. We live close by and want to help the community by serving at this pantry.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.