Thank goodness for the cooler weather this week (at least by Texas standards). Clients enjoyed receiving kiwi, cantaloupes, eggs, juice and potatoes… along with the usual staples and meats distributed. As we reach the end of summer, the younger help we’ve enjoyed will no longer be available. For everyone else, be sure to call 972-292-7241 or visit our Volunteer page to schedule a day (or several!) to volunteer in the coming months. Holiday preparations are already in the works, but it truly takes a village to keep this mission going!
Thank you volunteers and donors!
Your contribution has made a huge difference this year. With your help, Amazing Grace Food Pantry is providing more food to 37% more people compared to just a year ago. Also, our new Thursday evening hours are providing more access to nutritious food assistance for working families.
Karen discussed with me about one year ago the need to get involved in a community service activity. We have been retired a few years and needed to do some volunteering. Karen looked for a pantry to volunteer in and selected Amazing Grace because of the people, the process, and how it helps those in our local area, where she and I live. After a few months I decided to join her one day and am really glad I did. Neither of us had a lot growing up, and there were times that my family when I was a child had no food and we relied on assistance. We discovered what a tremendous group of people have accomplished through this organization toward providing meals to those in need whether it be long term or short term. The process is very solid and we are proud to be a part of such an organization.
Jesus teaches us that we are to serve and we are to feed people, both physically and spiritually. We have made many new friends by volunteering at Amazing Grace and have discovered that regardless of where we are in our own walk, our mission is clear. That is provide a means for people to obtain food where a means may not otherwise exist. The leadership of Amazing Grace exemplifies what Jesus taught and we are proud to be a part of an organization that is so focused on defeating hunger in our county.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.