Thank goodness for the cooler weather this week (at least by Texas standards). Clients enjoyed receiving kiwi, cantaloupes, eggs, juice and potatoes… along with the usual staples and meats distributed. As we reach the end of summer, the younger help we’ve enjoyed will no longer be available. For everyone else, be sure to call 972-292-7241 or visit our Volunteer page to schedule a day (or several!) to volunteer in the coming months. Holiday preparations are already in the works, but it truly takes a village to keep this mission going!
Thank you volunteers and donors!
Your contribution has made a huge difference this year. With your help, Amazing Grace Food Pantry is providing more food to 37% more people compared to just a year ago. Also, our new Thursday evening hours are providing more access to nutritious food assistance for working families.
Jessi and her girls take time out of their busy summer to volunteer every Tuesday to serve clients. They fill boxes full with meats, ice cream, coffee, pet food and any hygiene products needed. The girls have fun decorating the client boxes with designs and smiley faces to bring cheer to struggling families each week.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.