Special Thanks to all the volunteers during these uncertain coronavirus times who put their health and family at risk to #FightHunger Together! The work is hard and pays nothing… except the warm smiles from families struggling. Their hearts to serve others in their time of need is inspiring. We’re taking extra precautions to keep volunteers and clients safe.
BIG SHOUT OUT to many amazing neighbors who thought of Amazing Grace Food Pantry for donations, face masks and gloves to help the pantry continue to serve families in need!
John Stanley from Chase Oaks Church delivered 4 boxes of disposable masks
Debbie Willis from Wylie United Methodist Church delivered a dozen nice homemade masks
Lynn Proctor with The Windle Group in Plano delivered a dozen nice homemade masks
Mary Mahoney with Jimmy Johns in Wylie delivered 4 boxes of disposable gloves
WUMC New Beginnings Sunday School Class with cash donation
5 Loaves and Sysco with food donation
Napoli’s Restaurant Wylie for dinner vouchers for struggling families
Pastor Roger of Culleoka Baptist Church for installing panel box for garage storage
Want to help #FightHunger Together? Call ahead to learn what shortage the pantry has or send your financial support to help fund the grocery budget. Your $10 donation will feed a family of 4 for an entire month!
Melissa has a family of 5 and started coming to Amazing Grace Food Pantry in November. She is homeless, although living in a modest motel at the moment. She tried to go to another pantry but missed the opening day or time. They turned her away with only an emergency contact number to call. They never returned her 2 calls, so she sought out another pantry and found Amazing Grace. She is so grateful to have found Amazing Grace Food Pantry where everyone has big hearts. Because of her current situation, she’s not able to cook meals that require more than a microwave. Amazing Grace Food Pantry tailors her box to make it easier for her to make meals at home.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.