What? It’s February already!
Before this month gets away from us, we’d like to share the end results of 2020.
1834 Families Served
7784 People Fed
1,448,225 Meals provided
The number of families served in 2020 increased by 27% and we distributed 875 tons of food to the community. Many families are feeling despair and hunger for the first time with recent job loss due to COVID.
The pandemic didn’t slow down the dedicated Amazing Grace Food Pantry volunteers from adapting to new procedures, outside service and ways to reduce contact touch. The new process has allowed for much faster service and a more even distribution and best of all, the clients love it!
We’ve continued to keep food available, even with reduced grocery store donations, thanks to the North Texas Food Bank and many Community Partners such as Gateway Church, Northplace Church, 1XBrothers, State Farm, Atmos Energy and many other individuals and teams. It’s just amazing to see our caring community pitch in to help each other!
In the midst of the daily tasks of serving others, we were able to make property improvements with the help of the City of Wylie, Bloomfield Homes and Espinoza Construction. The old garage is rebuilt and is now additional storage and a work area for the Food4Kids program. The old parsonage is down and replaced with a volunteer parking area and a driveway poured to allow better access for delivery trucks.
Now with 2021 still in pandemic mode a while longer, we encourage each other and neighbors to volunteer and donate. Let your neighbors that are struggling in silence know there is hope and help. Providing free food to those who may be too embarrassed to take that first step to ask for help, Amazing Grace Food Pantry is there for you until you get back on your feet.
Pam has had a series of strokes and is applying for disability, a long process. In the meantime, Amazing Grace Food Pantry has given her hope. Her utilities were often cut off for nonpayment until she started coming to this pantry. She says the pantry “is truly a God send” and provides nutrition and variety to so many who would otherwise go without.
To donors and supporters…
God bless you all, and Thank you.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.