How are some people spending their Saturdays this summer? By making time to serve others!
These volunteers serve at Amazing Grace Food Pantry to distribute thousands of pounds of nutritional groceries to thousands of people in Collin County. It’s hard work, especially in this summer heat. No one complains, they serve with a joyful heart.
Everyone has an important role to play in helping those in need. Be it as a volunteer and the seemingly endless jobs, duties and responsibilities that go into keeping even a small organization running smoothly, or donating to help keep the lights on and the food coming in… everyone’s contribution is an asset. Even as a 100% volunteer organization, there are still budgets to be met, contracts to adhere to, organization and safety guidelines to follow and equipment to procure and maintain. Our awesome team makes this look easy, but like any business, especially during this trying time for everyone, each week brings new challenges.
“Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” Proverbs 11:25
Want to volunteer? Ages 13 and up are being scheduled now for the upcoming months! 972-292-7241 voicemail
Casey had a stroke 2 years ago, leaving him disabled and without a car. He doesn’t want to impose on anyone to call for help. He, instead, uses a walker to go to Amazing Grace Food Pantry 8 miles away for food. Often passersby will give him a lift and another client or pantry volunteer will take him home. Recently, Deputy Acosta gave Casey a lift to pantry and waited till he finished shopping then took him home. We can’t praise our Collin County Sherriff’s office enough for caring for each member of our community.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.