What an Amazing community we have in Collin County!
An unexpected blessing drove up to Amazing Grace Food Pantry – a TRUCK LOAD of food! New Hope Christian Church dropped off over 1800 pounds of cereal, soup and canned fruits and vegetables. The items that kids really enjoy like chicken noodle soup and Captain Crunch cereal has depleted down to cream of mushroom soup and Shredded Wheat cereal. Thanks to New Hope, our client kiddos will have some of their favorites at the breakfast and dinner table again. We can imagine their big smiles now!
Looking for a way to help others in need? We’re collecting items for Thanksgiving meals to distribute the middle of November. We’ve got turkeys coming, but need side dish ingredients:
Stove Top Stuffing
Canned Green Beans
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
Jessi and her girls take time out of their busy summer to volunteer every Tuesday to serve clients. They fill boxes full with meats, ice cream, coffee, pet food and any hygiene products needed. The girls have fun decorating the client boxes with designs and smiley faces to bring cheer to struggling families each week.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.