Thank You National Guard!
What an amazing group of service men and women! Their hearts to help others and serve our Nation and our Community is very much appreciated! They’re scheduled to help through the end of April on Thursdays and Saturdays. Our Client families really enjoyed the help and the flowers along with their 120 pounds of food for the week.
COVID-19 has effected so many more families now out of work and struggling to put food on the table. Amazing Grace Food Pantry serves families in need in Collin County. In the first 14 weeks of 2020, 998 families have received weekly nutritional food, that’s 4252 people with a little less stress in their lives during these uncertain times. We’re glad to serve to ease the burden by providing nutritional meals for their family.
Want to help #FightHunger Together? Call ahead to learn what shortage the pantry has or send your financial support to help fund the grocery budget. Your $10 donation will feed a family of 4 for an entire month!
Our Ministry is inside the walls, too. Another heartfelt testimony from a volunteer:
I just wanted to let you know that after working full shift this morning, my daughter, Abigail, went to compete in a junior golf tournament. She placed 3rd and won her first medal! After the award, one of the first things she said was, “I can’t wait until I tell the pantry family.”
Most of you may not know the story, but Abigail quit playing golf since the divorce almost 4 years ago. She started back on tour just this February. Our goal was to win at least one medal and make it to the invitational final tournament. With today’s placing, she has solidified her standing to get invited to the final. Against all the adversity, Abigail has made it through and she is continuing to grow. And being part of the pantry has made such a difference for her. Having a sense of belonging and developing a sense of purpose.
Thank you so much for the care you are showing my children. It may be a small success, but it is such a huge step forward for us.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.