Amazing Grace Food Pantry distributes a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables each week to families in need. These are items that many on a fixed or low income often can’t afford.
Why is it important to eat vegetables?
Eating vegetables provides health benefits — people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
- As part of an overall healthy diet, eating foods such as vegetables that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Adding vegetables can help increase intake of fiber and potassium, which are important nutrients that many Americans do not get enough of in their diet.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
Our family loves volunteering at Amazing Grace Pantry. We enjoy helping others in our community with a great team of people. Everyone who works at the pantry is nice & very helpful. It is a fun place to volunteer & there are many different jobs that you can do. It is inspiring to see how many people the pantry feeds in our community. Tonight we made 85 boxes of food and it took a lot of people to make that happen. If you want an exciting place to help feed our community then come volunteer at the Amazing Grace Pantry. You will want to come back again, I am sure. Wylie is blessed to have such a beautiful organization which feeds so many people.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.