Optum & United Health Group and their Girl Scout Troop 9283 buzzing around at Amazing Grace Food Pantry. The Troop had so much fun working together, making lives a little easier for families in need.
One of the 7 year olds said “I love volunteering here with my BFFs”.
Join our all #volunteer pantry. Bring the family, a group or have a team-building day for your colleagues. Visit our Volunteer page for more info.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay! We rely solely upon your donations to meet the growing need. Visit our Donate page to find out how you can help #FightHunger Together with Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
Karen discussed with me about one year ago the need to get involved in a community service activity. We have been retired a few years and needed to do some volunteering. Karen looked for a pantry to volunteer in and selected Amazing Grace because of the people, the process, and how it helps those in our local area, where she and I live. After a few months I decided to join her one day and am really glad I did. Neither of us had a lot growing up, and there were times that my family when I was a child had no food and we relied on assistance. We discovered what a tremendous group of people have accomplished through this organization toward providing meals to those in need whether it be long term or short term. The process is very solid and we are proud to be a part of such an organization.
Jesus teaches us that we are to serve and we are to feed people, both physically and spiritually. We have made many new friends by volunteering at Amazing Grace and have discovered that regardless of where we are in our own walk, our mission is clear. That is provide a means for people to obtain food where a means may not otherwise exist. The leadership of Amazing Grace exemplifies what Jesus taught and we are proud to be a part of an organization that is so focused on defeating hunger in our county.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.