Amazing Grace Food Pantry provides nutritional food to over 500 families each month. More families are finding their way to us where they are warmly greeted as part of our pantry family.
What is a Food Pantry?
Food pantries collect donated food from community members and distribute a nutritional assortment to families in need. Some serve once per month, others even less frequently, but we all share a passion for helping others.
At Amazing Grace Food Pantry, we work tirelessly to allow families to visit every week to receive an average of 80 lbs of nutritious food. As an all volunteer organization, we strive to stretch every precious donated dollar as far as possible.
Who gets help?
Anyone and everyone in need! While we have guidelines to follow, we’ll find a way to help in your time of need. Call or visit to find out how we can supplement your food needs.
Mr P joined our family yesterday. He was so grateful to receive over 90 pounds of nutritional food for his family who has struggled for months due to loss of job.
For many who are going through a rough patch, the struggle to put food on the table is real. It’s not just homeless who face hunger… it’s often your neighbor still living in their house, paying the electric bill and rent, but with no money left over for food. Peanut butter and crackers may be their only meal for weeks before they seek other help.
1 in 6 people in North Texas are food insecure. Having a job doesn’t mean that you can’t be hungry. Stagnant wages and underemployment are contributing factors to low family incomes. Food insecure children are sick more often and are more likely to suffer developmental delays.
Humbled, embarrassed, frustrated and on the verge of giving up before finding a place like Amazing Grace Food Pantry that shows respect for each person, welcoming and comforting each other through the hard times.
Want to help #FightHunger Together? Call ahead to learn what shortage the pantry has or send your financial support to help fund the grocery budget. Your $10 donation will feed a family of 4 for an entire month!
This is to inform you that I appreciate every help I get from Amazing Grace Food Pantry. With all the expenses that there are, every bit helps. We are treated with much kindness and never has there been a time when we were turned down.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.