148 Families (620 people) received groceries this week. Someone donated Christmas Music CDs to add to the joy of giving this week.
Volunteers unloaded and stocked 5,800 lbs of Grocery Rescue from area stores. These items are either dented cans or bent boxes that stores cannot sell, but are still very usable. We appreciate these donations to help feed those who struggle to put a meal on the table for their families.
Volunteers also loaded up shelving, a few shopping carts and miscellaneous items from the now closed Albertsons in Murphy. These items will be used in the new pantry building. Take a moment to review the Building Hope page to see how you can help with a donation of time, materials or funds. It’s not too late to get your tax deductible donation in for 2016!
Special thanks to Morningstar Storage for helping us with our storage needs for acquired items for the new building!
Amazing Grace Food Pantry, with the vital help of area businesses and generous community members are “Building Hope“. Bookmark this page for updates on the building progress. Be sure to donate whatever you can (no amount is too small!) and share this page with your friends, coworkers and family. Spread the word and help bring this project to life!
Ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.