Serving at Amazing Grace Food Pantry helps us remember to appreciate the little things, such as a dozen eggs or fresh fruit. Sometimes we take these things for granted as we grab an apple and head to the office, but to a family struggling to put food on the table, an apple can symbolize hope.
A lack of proper food intake is known as malnutrition/undernourishment, meaning a lack of nutrients. Healthy meals and snacks should consist of natural fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and eggs. Amazing Grace Food Pantry provides over 100 pounds of food to over 2500 families that come in for food assistance. We focus on good, nutritional foods which ultimately promote a healthier body, behavior and brain power.
God has a plan and purpose for each one of us. Won’t you Join the Fight Against Hunger in our own hometown? Here’s a list of items do donate:
This Week’s Pantry Shortage: Pop Top Lids are helpful
- Canned Baked Beans
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cereal Cups (for our kids backpack program)
- Ravioli or Spaghettios (for our kids backpack program)
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 60 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
Melissa has a family of 5 and started coming to Amazing Grace Food Pantry in November. She is homeless, although living in a modest motel at the moment. She tried to go to another pantry but missed the opening day or time. They turned her away with only an emergency contact number to call. They never returned her 2 calls, so she sought out another pantry and found Amazing Grace. She is so grateful to have found Amazing Grace Food Pantry where everyone has big hearts. Because of her current situation, she’s not able to cook meals that require more than a microwave. Amazing Grace Food Pantry tailors her box to make it easier for her to make meals at home.
Take the time to read some of the testimonials from clients and volunteers on our website. Volunteer or donate this year. It will bless you!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.