Amazing Grace Food Pantry’s volunteers take time out from stocking shelves to assemble the miscellaneous toys that are donated.
Clark is a retired TI engineer and takes the care of new bicycle assembly when needed. We can hear the glee in the child’s voice when they see this trike!
What talents do YOU have? Ever wanted to put them to use making a real difference in people’s lives? The pantry brings so many great minds and talents together to procure, sort and distribute thousands of pounds food every week… and the need is growing. Economic woes, inflation and any number of life’s challenges have people from every walk of life finding themselves at our little pantry, greeted with open arms and hearts. Whether in need of food assistance or looking for a group of like-minded givers to share in the joy of helping others, we welcome everyone.
Visit our Volunteer page or call (972) 292-7241 to schedule a time for yourself, your family or your work/organization group to volunteer. We look forward to meeting you!
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
Karen discussed with me about one year ago the need to get involved in a community service activity. We have been retired a few years and needed to do some volunteering. Karen looked for a pantry to volunteer in and selected Amazing Grace because of the people, the process, and how it helps those in our local area, where she and I live. After a few months I decided to join her one day and am really glad I did. Neither of us had a lot growing up, and there were times that my family when I was a child had no food and we relied on assistance. We discovered what a tremendous group of people have accomplished through this organization toward providing meals to those in need whether it be long term or short term. The process is very solid and we are proud to be a part of such an organization.
Jesus teaches us that we are to serve and we are to feed people, both physically and spiritually. We have made many new friends by volunteering at Amazing Grace and have discovered that regardless of where we are in our own walk, our mission is clear. That is provide a means for people to obtain food where a means may not otherwise exist. The leadership of Amazing Grace exemplifies what Jesus taught and we are proud to be a part of an organization that is so focused on defeating hunger in our county.
Take the time to read some of the testimonials from clients and volunteers on our website. Volunteer or donate this year. It will bless you!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.