What are your teens doing during Spring Break this year?
10 local teens chose to spend their day at Amazing Grace Food Pantry helping to put food on 146 tables! It warms our hearts to see these teens taking ACTION in the community during these stressful times to serve others, our struggling neighbors.
Now is the time to schedule a volunteer day for your teens during the summer!
Other ways to help: Plan a neighborhood food drive or pass out an information card to neighbors or at your church.
Get Up, Step Up, Give a Hand Up
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
I first learned about Amazing Grace Food Pantry through our church web site and have been volunteering at AGFP since early 2018. I started volunteering as a way to give back to our local communities. Friends have helped me in various ways over the years and it feels good to finally be able to give back in a tangible way.
Within a few months of volunteering, I quickly realized that this is much more than just providing food and nutrition to people in need. AGFP is an organization of multiple families. The clients on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays connect, bond, support, and learn from each other. The same is true for the volunteers helping each day. We connect as a team, work together for an incredible cause, and learn from amazing people – clients and volunteers alike. We are all there to support each other through life’s many challenges and successes.
It is great to be a part of the team!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.