The School Year has come to an end. Wishing all the kiddos a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
In 2020, Amazing Grace Food Pantry with the Wylie United Methodist Team have delivered 2,015 bags of food to 3 Wylie Elementary schools for the Food4Kids program! Volunteers have not hesitated to show up in spite of all that is happening with the pandemic. The timing of the new AGFP Annex (Thank You Bloomfield Homes!) has been perfect for this program as the larger space affords some distancing ability. The new space along with the precautions we have taken related to Covid-19 are a large part of the reason the volunteers have continued and are planning to continue in the new year. The management of Amazing Grace is exceptional, and enables a large number of folks in need to be reached, including the kids helped by Food4Kids Program.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
I live close to Amazing Grace Food Pantry. I never thought I’d need their help until this year when my family lost their home and had to move in with me. There’s no way to pay the bills on our limited income and glad Amazing Grace Pantry is there to help with food in our time of need.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.