With this year’s record snowfall and freezing temps for days, Amazing Grace Food Pantry is thankful that no pipes burst, the cooler and freezer had no breakdowns. However, due to the power outage and dangerous road conditions, the pantry had to close for regular client service. Our faithful volunteers, heroes for sure, are working to get ready for the busy days ahead. Food supply is enough to make it until next week’s deliveries, but due to weather and road conditions, only 6% of food normally received during the week came in.
As we move forward from this rare winter storm event, we will be comparing notes on how to improve serviceability during weather and other events so that Amazing Grace Food Pantry can continue to be a resource during trying times. This will be a team effort and we’ll need your help. We welcome your input, ideas, talent as volunteers and financial assistance to keep this awesome community resource growing and adapting to the challenges ahead. Use our Contact page to share your thoughts.
Grateful for the Volunteers that have pledged to serve others in these cold temps!
Amazing Grace Food Pantry is exclusively a volunteer organization, relying upon the talent and generosity of community members to procure, sort and distribute over 30 TONS of food every month to area families. This monumental undertaking is only possible due to the altruism and support received each and every week from people just like you.
- Do you have some free time on your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping those in need?
- Do you want to give back in some way that really changes the quality of life for someone?
We also welcome volunteer groups! If your church, youth or corporate group would like to schedule a day to volunteer as a team building exercise, or to regularly adopt group-size tasks (e.g. yard work, improvements, cleanup, etc.), we’d love to hear from you! Call (972) 292-7241 to leave a voicemail message or use use the contact form on our Volunteer page.
No time to volunteer? That’s okay, too! Visit our Donation page to arrange a monthly donation. No amount is too small!
Meet Dean. He has a family of 6.
I’m thankful for the help Amazing Grace Food Pantry has to offer. Our family wouldn’t be able to pay the electric bill without their help. My kids love coming, too. Everyone is friendly and nice. My daughter and I started volunteering at the pantry, too. It’s great to be able to help alongside other Amazing Grace Pantry volunteers. Everyone has such a heart to help others.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. You can also purchase items from our Amazon Charity List and have them sent directly to us.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.