Great Saturday at Amazing Grace Food Pantry. Volunteers served 92 client families, including 10 new. Girl Scouts marked donations, bagged cat food and made up food boxes for next week’s clients.
Thank you everyone for your continued support.
I have visited Amazing Grace twice in the last couple of weeks conducting community surveys for my job. On both occasions I was able to observe the pantry in action for a few hours and was really impressed by both their efficiency and their care. They serve a TON of families and have gotten their number system down to a science, but they also do a great job treating each family with respect & dignity and giving them options with their groceries when possible. I loved that they opened with prayer for all the needs and that Karen, one of the staff, warmly embraced many of the regulars and knew them by name.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.