The rain slowed guests down a little last week, but families made their way in to gather groceries from Amazing Grace Food Pantry. Over 27,000 pounds of food distributed this week alone!
Barb is among our volunteers that finds joy in stocking the client shopping area with lots of nutritional goodies along with some sweet treats. In addition to receiving a weekly box of nutritious staples and meats, clients “shop” the front area for dairy products, produce, bread, drink items and a selection of other products. This hybrid system allows us to ensure everyone gets what they need as well as a fair share of wants… just like at the grocery store.
Did You Know?
You can also help the pantry by volunteering at North Texas Food Bank. Let them know you’re there to support Amazing Grace Food Pantry. They will credit us for future orders.
Want to help #FightHunger Together? Call ahead to learn what shortage the pantry has or send your financial support to help fund the grocery budget. Your $10 donation will feed a family of 4 for an entire month!
Christine has a family of 5
I have visited Amazing Grace Food Pantry at times when life hits hard. Every time I have come, I have been greeted like a friend and my kids have been shown such love and attention. They always give enough food to make it through the week! I love you guys!
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.