This week 144 families visited Amazing Grace Food Pantry for lots of nutritional food, fresh fruit and veggies. Faithful volunteers greeted clients warmly and carried their multiple boxes to their cars. Thanks to the surrounding communities who pitch in with monthly donations, 593 tummies are full this week.
Your monthly donation of $28 buys 200 lbs of nutritious food for those struggling to put food on the table. Sometimes these situations are temporary due to recent job loss, medical bills or auto repair. Some are stuck in a bad situation and see no hope. Amazing Grace Food Pantry strives to kindle hope in the hearts of the financially weary buy providing groceries, saving families hundreds of dollars each month and providing the nutrition they may not spend money on themselves. This goes a long way to improved mental and physical health.
New Building Update:
We’ve started the framing inside. As soon as framing is completed, will install power panel and run electrical. The 3 A/C units will cost $16,000. Want to sponsor this project? Check out the website for ways to help!
Always looking for volunteers to help! Any Saturday 9am – 2pm. Call (972) 292-7241
Life is hard, we want to help soften any part of these families struggles.
Great volunteering experience :)
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Fellowship Wylie as your charity of choice. Amazon will send the pantry 1/2 of a percent of total sales each year.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241