Happy Valentine’s Day!
So, what do some people do for Valentine’s Day? Flowers? Candy? Dinner and a movie? Nope.
Thinking of others, 4 high school students and 6 adults volunteered Thursday night to help brighten the hearts of 53 families in need. Along with food, bouquets of flowers from Walmart were handed out to the ladies along with homemade heart cookies donated by a local church for this Valentine’s Day.
Last year, we extended our hours to include 6pm-8pm on Thursday nights to help the working poor. During those two hours 50-75 families receive nutritious food that they may not otherwise be able to provide to their families.
Join our all #volunteer pantry. Bring the family, a group or have a team-building day for your colleagues. Visit our Volunteer page for more info. No time to volunteer? That’s okay! We rely solely upon your donations to meet the growing need. Visit our Donate page to find out how you can help #FightHunger.
I was released from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice yesterday and received a food pantry voucher from the Texas Department of Health and Human Services. The volunteers were amazing and very helpful and promoted a positive atmosphere and very cheerful. I never expected this kind of positive attitude from people outside of the rudeness and depravity of the penitentiary. These volunteers are doing a very noble service to the community and I am very thankful that they are close to where I live. God bless you and thank you.
Please share this and our other posts on your Facebook timeline, tweet it out on Twitter or forward via email. Many people looking to help or looking for help don't even know that ours and other pantries exist. Let others know there's help for them out there!
More ways YOU can help in the Fight Against Hunger in North Texas
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find out how you can get involved directly to make a difference.
- Consider arranging a recurring monthly donation by visiting our Donation Page… no amount is too small.
- Shop using Amazon Smile – select Amazing Grace Food Pantry as your charity of choice. If you have already, please update your selection.
- Use your Kroger Community Rewards Card. Enter our number 92895 to have a portion of your total purchase benefit Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Visit the Target Gift Registry to review a list of needed items such as canned beans, canned veggies, soups and hygiene products.
- Spread the word about us to your friends, family and coworkers! Ask your favorite businesses if they support Amazing Grace Food Pantry.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, and be sure to share our posts on your timeline.
The volunteers at Amazing Grace Food Pantry and the growing number of clients thank you for your help in fighting hunger in Collin County and North Texas. If you have any questions, comments or would like to know more, feel free to use our Contact Page or call us at (972) 292-7241.